Monday, October 22, 2012

TENNIS BACKHAND TIP - Simple Tip That Will Immediately Improve Your Tennis Backhand



For everyone out there who are waiting for great tennis tip that’s going to help you with your backhand, especially if you have a two-handed backhand, then you don’t have to wait no more. 

If you have a one-hander, you are going to have to wait for another video for me to help you with your one-handed backhand. But go ahead and watch the video anyway because this tip is one of my top tips. It really jives with the tennis system that I’ve developed which is based a lot on relaxation.

The best athletes in the world know how to go from tension to relaxation. Just watch Roger Federer; he is a master at being graceful and relaxed on the tennis court.

Now, if you looked at last month’s Tennis magazine with Caroline Wozniacky on the cover, you might have noticed her fancy, you might have noticed the pose, maybe the footwork, or maybe the swing. But did you notice what her bottom hand was doing on the racquet at the end of the swing? Go ahead and take a look at that magazine and see if you can pick that up.

The key to what she’s doing with her bottom hand or her offhand on the racquet when she’s swinging is her fingers are opening up a bit. And that is showing me that she knows how to relax on her backhand and she’s using her non-dominant hand. In my case as a lefty I’m using my right hand to hit an amazing backhand with a relaxed bottom hand at the end.

I could have used this tip during my junior career. I had some great coaches that were having me hit righthanded forehands but I never really got the feel on my backhand of what I needed to do by using that drill.

The drill that made all the difference for me was actually swinging with two hands and then relaxing the fingers at the end of the swing so I still have the stability of both hands on the racquet with that relaxation component at the end.

I want you to go ahead and try that. Leave a comment if you like this video and you feel like this is going to help your game.

Then I want you to go out and try it and then come back and leave me a comment to see if it works because I want to learn with you; I want to help you get better at tennis and I’m pretty confident based on the results I’m getting with my own backhand and with the lessons that I give that if you relax your bottom hand at the end of the swing like Caroline Wozniacky, Andy Murray does it, David Nalbandian, and several other two-handers on the Tour.

If you do that, you’re going to have amazing results.

I look forward to seeing you at the next video and I really want you to go out there, improve your backhand, relax that bottom hand at the end of the swing and let me know how it goes. Leave me that comment because I really want to help you, I want to learn with you and find out what works best for your game.

We’ll talk soon and thanks again.


1 comment: